Well we already knew she was amazing but now all of Australia knows it too. Congratulations to our Director Jenny Holliday on becoming a member in the general division of the Order of Australia this Australia day.
Her amazing talents and contribution to the game of softball have taken her to many places in the world, achieving many sporting feats such as three world championship appearances and a bronze medal with the Australian Olympic team in Atlanta. In recognition of her outstanding achievements and 14 years on the Australian softball team, in 2001, Jenny was been inducted into the International and Australian Softball Halls of Fame.
Since retiring as an athlete, Jenny has contributed to both Softball and sport in Australia through a range of roles, most particularly in Softball having been both the Softball Australia and Softball Victoria Chair. Her skills are highly respected across the sport having been appointed to a range of commissions for the International Softball Federation including: the Athletes Commission (1999 & 2001), Administration Commission (2005 – 2008), Chair of the Women’s Commission (2009 – 2001) and most recently the ISF Strategic Planning Commission (2015).
Her many other achievements include:
- VicHealth Physical Activity Advisory Group 2010 – 2011
- 2010 International Healthy Parks Healthy People Congress 2008 – 2010
- Landcare 2000 – 2006
- Prime Ministers Olympic Dinner Committee Member 2001 – 2007
- City of Melbourne Sports Advisory Board 2001 – 2006
- Cultural and employee surveys
- Victorian Olympic Council Board member 1999 – 2001
- Steering Committee to establish an International Campus in Nanjing, China
- Dispute tribunal member: Australian Bobsleigh, Australian Fencing, Softball Australia
- Mentor – Victorian Government Active Girls Program
- Mentor – Victorian Government ‘Mentor as Anything’ for women in sport
- Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) Drug Education Program
- AOC ‘Winning Attitudes’ Seminar series 1999
- World Masters Games Ambassador 2008 – 2009 & 2015 – 2017
- State Baseball Softball Centre Committee of Management 2013 – 2016
We are very proud of Jenny and her achievements both on and off the field and lucky to have her leading our team at NPT!